Processing for Technical Quality and Artistic Expression
Private 1-on-1 Instruction
Learn to take your landscape photos to the next level while still maintaining a natural look that best illustrates not just what you saw, but also what you felt the moment you clicked the shutter.
- Global and Local White Balance & Tint Adjustments to set a mood.
- Working with the Hue/Saturation/Luminance (HSL) tools for targeted color adjustments.
- Using the Tone Curves tool.
- Setting a white point and a black point.
- Highlight and Shadow recovery, and how much is too much?
- Camera Calibration & Profiles.
- Alternatives to the Vibrance and Saturation sliders.
- Using the Sharpening tool and masking sharpening.
- Split Toning images.
- Creating HDR images that don't have the "HDR" look.
- Creating stitched panoramic images.
- Creating powerful black & white images.
- Using the Dehaze and Clarity sliders without overdoing it.
- Using local adjustments for greater control of the editing process.
- Working with Layers
- Layer Masking
- Adjustment Layers
- Working with Curves
- Dodging and Burning
- The Color Balance tool
- TK Actions Panel
- Preparing images for the web, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Blending bracketed exposures.
Creating a Learning Experience Just for You
Send me a message and let me know what you would like to learn. I'll review what you have sent me and then we can chat to come up with a lesson plan that best suits your needs.
Once we have developed a lesson plan, we can then schedule your session. Most folks have elected to add their session onto a private Grand Canyon photo workshop with me. After a couple days at the Grand Canyon we return to my home studio for the Lightroom and Photoshop training.
Pricing and Availability
I am available year-round for Lightroom and Photoshop training. The tuition for a 1-day session is $625. This includes a morning session, and an afternoon session with a mid-day break for lunch. Total training time is approximately 7 hours.