Processing for Technical Quality and Artistic Expression
Private 1-on-1 Instruction
Learn to take your landscape photos to the next level while maintaining a natural look that best illustrates not just what you saw, but also what you felt the moment you clicked the shutter.
Learn from the Comfort of Your Home
These training sessions are provided using Zoom so that you can follow along from the comfort of your own home. The session is recorded and available for playback or download so that you may review the session at a later time at your own pace.
Your Photos or Mine
Would you like to see what I can do with your photos? You can send me a selection of your images to chose from and then I'll add them to my Lightroom catalog and process them as I would my own photos as you follow along. I'll make the processed images available for you to download after the session so that you can see them on your home computer.
I am also happy to give you a behind the scenes look into how I've processed many of my most popular images.
- Global and Local White Balance & Tint Adjustments to set a mood.
- Working with the Hue/Saturation/Luminance (HSL) tools for targeted color adjustments.
- Using the Tone Curves tool.
- Setting a white point and a black point.
- Highlight and Shadow recovery, and how much is too much?
- Camera Calibration & Profiles.
- Alternatives to the Vibrance and Saturation sliders.
- Using the Sharpening tool and masking sharpening.
- Split Toning images.
- Creating HDR images that don't have the "HDR" look.
- Creating stitched panoramic images.
- Creating powerful black & white images.
- Using the Dehaze and Clarity sliders without overdoing it.
- Using local adjustments for greater control of the editing process.
- Working with Layers
- Layer Masking
- Adjustment Layers
- Working with Curves
- Dodging and Burning
- The Color Balance tool
- TK Actions Panel
- Preparing images for the web, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Blending bracketed exposures.
Creating a Learning Experience Just for You
Send me a message and let me know if there is something specific that you would like to learn. I'll review what you have sent me and then we can chat to come up with a lesson plan that best suits your needs.
Pricing and Availability
I am available year-round for Lightroom and Photoshop training. Pricing starts at $70.00 for a 1-hour Lightroom session, but most people find that a 1.5-hour session works well and allows for plenty of time for a follow-up Q&A session.