2021 Grand Canyon River Trip Portfolio
Earlier this year I was the photography guide & instructor on a photography expedition rafting the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. Our group was composed of 12 photographers, plus myself and Sally, along with 4 river guides. We spent 10 days on the river, running rapids, hiking to waterfalls & slot canyons, and photographing the Milky Way. Thanks to our boatmen we ate very well and slept comfortably under the millions of stars in the night sky.
The photographs in this collection were all made on this trip. I've also included a teaser of an upcoming collection of photographs of black and white scenes of Grand Canyon. I still have many more black and white photographs of the Grand Canyon to add to the collection, but I will share those in a separate journal entry sometime in the future, hopefully before the end of the year.
The photographs on this page were all made with my Fujifilm GFX 50R, a 50-megapixel medium format mirrorless camera, and Fujifilm lenses. I also used a Really Right Stuff tripod and Acratech Panoramic Head. You can learn more about the equipment I used by clicking on the links below.
- Fujifilm GFX 50R
- Fujifilm GF 23mm f/4 R LM WR lens
- Fujifilm GF 32-64mm f/4 R LM WR Lens
- Fujifilm GF 45-100mm f/4 R LM OIS WR Lens
- Fujifilm GF 100-200mm f/5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens
- Really Right Stuff TFC-34 Mk II Tripod
- Really Right Stuff TA-2U-LB Leveling Base
- Acratech Panoramic Head with Lever Clamp
- Really Right Stuff MPR-CL II Nodal Rail