What’s In Adam’s Camera Bag?
On any given day, whether I’m up shooting in the mountains, exploring a canyon in the desert, or roaming the streets of Santa Fe, I will typically grab my camera and just two lenses, and hit the trail.
Over the years I’ve owned a lot of equipment and I’ve hauled it with me into the wilderness, but nowadays I tend to shoot with one camera body and a few lenses. Why? In my opinion carrying too much photo gear leads to too many choices typically resulting in the photographer spending too much time trying to decide what lens he or she is going to shoot with; the end result is that you miss the shot.
You may notice that I own several camera bags. Well, I’m a confessed camera bag junkie, plus I’m sponsored by Lowepro. Ideally I’d only own one “perfect” bag, but there’s a problem with that…there is no perfect bag. But there are bags that are perfect for certain jobs, shooting styles, or situations.
If you find the information on this page, or any of the other content here at www.AdamSchallau.com to be useful, please consider supporting this site by purchasing your photo equipment through B&H Photo by using the links below. Here’s my current equipment lineup:
- Nikon D800E
- Nikon D7100
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR
Flash & Lightning Accessories
- Nikon SB-910 AF Speedlight i-TTL Shoe Mount Flash
- LumiQuest SoftBox LQ-107
- LumiQuest SoftBox LTp
- LumiQuest UltraStrap
- Gary Fong Lightspheres & Power Snoot
- Honl Color Correction & Color Effects Filter (gel) Kits
- Honl Flash Filter (gel) Roll-Up Case
- AlienBees CyberSync Transmitters & Receivers
Tripods & Heads
- Gitzo Series 3 Carbon Fiber Tripod with a Kirk Enterprises BH-1 Ballhead
- Gitzo Series 2 Carbon Fiber Tripod with a Acratech GV2 Ballhead / Gimbal Head
- Kirk Enterprises L-Brackets & Lens Plates
Camera Bags, Packs, & Cases
- Lowepro Rover Pro 45L AW ~ holds a pro body and three lenses along with 2 liters of water, tripod, and trekking poles!
- Lowepro Pro Trekker 300 AW ~ I used this bag for years, and still use frequently use it.
- Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW ~ for staying very light and very mobile
Circular Polarizer Filters
- B+W 105mm Kaesemann Polarizing Filter ~ fits to the front of the Lee system
- B+W 77mm XS-PRO Kaesemann Circular Polarizer Digital MRC Nano Filter, 82mm, and 67mm
Graduated Neutral Density Filters & Holders
Miscellaneous Photographic Equipment