Here is a list of campgrounds to stay at when visiting Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona. The park is split between the South Rim and North Rim, be sure to select a campground on the appropriate rim. The South Rim includes both Grand Canyon Village which is located within the park near the rim of the canyon, and Tusayan, Arizona which is located 1-mile from the park entrance and approximately 7 miles from the rim of the canyon.
The North Rim has 2 campgrounds located in the park, one near the Grand Canyon Lodge, and second, very remote campground at Toroweap. There are two additional campgrounds located outside the park that require lengthy drives to reach the park.
There are also several lodges, hotels and motels to choose from on both rims. You can find a complete list on the Places to Stay When Visiting the Grand Canyon page.
- Camper Village – in Tusayan – 7 miles from the canyon rim
- Ten-X Campground – 2 miles south of Tusayan
- North Rim Campground
- Tuweep (Toroweap) Campground – check with the National Park Service for directions as this is a very remote campground
- DeMotte Campground – 16 miles north of the North Rim
- Jacob Lake Campground – 45 miles north of the North Rim
Current as of February 1, 2015