I recently joined the Sony Imaging PRO Support program, and I must say kudos to Sony on the beautiful welcome package that they send to new members.
The program is designed to provide unparalleled support to Professional Photographers. PRO Support members have access to dedicated phone and email support, expedited repair turnaround time, no out-of-pocket shipping expenses, product evaluation, discounts on out-of-warranty repairs and more.
I haven’t had any issues requiring that I send the camera or lenses in yet, but I can say that the team at Sony has been a pleasure to chat with and they are eager to take care of their pros using Sony cameras and lenses.
The Sony Imaging PRO Support program provides the following benefits to it’s members:
- Dedicated Phone & Email Support
- Monday to Sunday 7am – 4pm PT
- 3 days repair turnaround time
- Invitation to special events
- Evaluation Loaners (try before you buy)
- Repair Facilitation Loans if repair turnaround time is not met
- Three camera and/or lens maintenance services
- Covered Inbound/outbound shipping cost
Qualifying applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- Owns a minimum of 2 Sony Alpha Full-Frame interchangeable lens Cameras and a minimum of 3 Sony ZEISS(R) and/or G Series lenses
- Be an active professional photographer (self-employed or an employee of a professional imaging business/organization).
- Provides professional work samples – either tear sheets or a business URL with galleries.
- Provides Membership Fee Payment.
- Has received an invitation from Sony Electronics to join the program.
You can learn more about the program on the Sony website.